Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Vitamin B12 injections or oral?

SurfNurf

I have seen some vitamin B12 for sale that come in injectable form. I am really wondering if there is any benefit to taking the injection over the oral form. I have been supplementing with vitamin B12 on and off since I was a kid the family dr had me on it. I have been juicing the last few years and i guess the needles are part of my life now so i'm looking at this as an option.

I shoot a cc of b12 methylcobalamin before each workout. it really works great and gives me a lot of energy.

I've had quite a few people tell me there is no difference between sublingual B12 and inj B12. But I definitely notice a difference with injectable, whether it's placebo or not I don't know.

I always go for the methylcobalamin version of B12, some people don't know that your body actually needs this form of B12. Cyanocobalamin does not exist in nature and is created chemically in a lab because it is cheaper than obtaining the methyl form. Your body has to actually remove the cyanide group and convert it to the methyl for it to be bioavailabile. So if for some reason your body has a problem making that conversion you might not have any results from that.

Also something that I read a while back that might be useful to some of you is that if you are taking the cyanobalamin version of B12 your body has to convert it into methylcobalamin. What I had read was that heavy smokers may have a problem with the conversion because of heavy metals and toxins built up in the liver.

If you can't get, or don't want to do the injections I would always go for the sublingual form over the tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

*Sorry for the repetition, came back to my post after a distraction and didn't re-read it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The injectable is considerably more effective, since it avoids the liver and the intestines. I have switched to the injectable b12 four years ago, and ever since I have seen how superior this administration route is.

I have seen some vitamin B12 for sale that come in injectable form. I am really wondering if there is any benefit to taking the injection over the oral form. I have been supplementing with vitamin B12 on and off since I was a kid the family dr had me on it. I have been juicing the last few years and i guess the needles are part of my life now so i'm looking at this as an option.

yes injection form is the best way to use it

I take an oral b12 and my bloodwork levels show me to be fine, but I know someone who does not absorb the oral and only showed improved levels after taking the injectible.

Injections are absorbed much better BUT you can overdo it much easier. If you are using injections make sure not to go crazy with your dosages.

Anyone have a reliable source for injectable B-12? Preferably not from a vet supply though?

Back
Top Bottom