Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

What ingredients are bad in supplements?

Goldsteinwitz

Registered
When I look for supplements, what kind of ingredients should I avoid in the ingredient list? How can I know it has sugar, if they never use that word? What other words to they use for sugar? Need to know that at least so I can red-flag the bad supplements.

I'd start with google. One such word is 'sucrolose'. However, most issues aren't with sugars but with colouring and flavouring additives. One some forums I've seen members get stomach upsets and what sounds like allergic reactions to the additives in some products. Even a change in formulas can do it.

Too many additives.. What supplement are you looking for?

Natural?
Pre workout
Performance enhancer
Protein powder

Specifically?

hydrogenated oils, HFCS, flour, sugar are not just found in supplements but in a lot of things out there

if you go into anyones pantry you will find them. they are killing our obesity problem

Sucrolase, Aspartame, Saacharine are all garbage sweetners. Xanthan and guar gums are just fillers in protein powders. I don't buy protein with artificial sweeteners or colors. I make my own preworkout, so I know what's in it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

They can call sugar fructose, high fructose corn syrup, maltodextrin (not sweet).

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I have 2 Top Ingredients that I avoid like the Plague.

Sucralose ~ processed with Chlorine and kills your Gut Flora.

Acesulfame Potassium ~ processed with Methylene Chloride, a Known Cancer Causing Agent.

These are both Artificial Sweeteners and are used quite a bit in Protein Powders/BCAA's/Preworkouts/Creatine supplements....... JP
P.S.
While a little bit of either won't harm you (hopefully, some people are sensitive).
If Artificial Sweeteners are in your Protein/BCAA's/Creatine/and Preworkout, then you are consuming Too Much.

I will give you a simple tip - if you are looking for protein, protein is what you want to see in the ingredient list more than anything else. If you are looking for creatine - you should see in the ingredient list only creatine. The less additional ingredients, the better. Obviously, the ones mentioned above are a no-no.

You're a smart guy. You know what ingredients you don't want in your supplements (or any food for that matter) - sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavours, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, low quality oils etc.

Be careful. A lot of time food/supplement manufacturers will list sugar as 'evaporated cane juice'.

Also watch out for glucose and maltodextrin. Both of those are simple sugars that actually have a higher glycemic index then regular table sugar.

Back
Top Bottom