Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

what makes protein powders different

Fhwyatt

Registered
what are the things that make protein powders work different in terms of variety?
I see many different ones being sold
I see whey concentrate and whey isolate
I see protein powders with lots of sugars and other stuff and ones without them. How do I pick the best one?

i'm not a fan of powdered foods. i would rather you get whole foods

having said that if you insist on protein powders get it plain and get concentrate. (yes concentrate is better then iso since it is higher fat and less processed)

what are the things that make protein powders work different in terms of variety?
I see protein powders with lots of sugars and other stuff and ones without them. How do I pick the best one?

The best protein powder is whey and milk protein. I prefer them over others.

With protein powders I mix whey and pea protein, makes me grow faster.

Bro listen to our podcast where we dicsuss this and many other topics.

Little to nothing.

Pick one based on the flavor you like and can use and digestibility

I sold protein back in the day. My own brand. It's real simple.

1. Protein powders are mainly whey protein based. There are some veggie/plant and beef versions but the majority are whey.
2. Real protein powders (not be confused by gainers, blends etc) come in the concentrate versions or isolate versions
3. Said concentrates are 80-90% protein. Isolates are 90%+ protein.

We can debate the processing used to make a powder and whether or not the cows that produced the milk were grass fed or not but the differences are tiny. You can, as an ingredient, a digestive enzyme etc but again this wont make that much of an odds either way.

So you get into what's been added: flavours, sweeteners etc. Avoid if you can. If you MUST have these use naturally sourced ones. Some of the better ones have freeze dried fruit bits and the like. But the more additives they have the worse it gets. You can see the percentage of protein go down as the taste goes up. And some users will have stomach issues due to allergic reactions to these extras.

My preference is for an unflavoured concentrate. Isolate is better but the lack of carbs and fat mean it's more tasteless.

I try to get my protein from actual food. I do keep protein powder on hand and use if I can’t get a meal in

Back
Top Bottom