Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Whey protein factories

trisport1

Registered
I read somewhere (little while ago, can't remember where) that there are only a number of factories around the world that manufacture whey proteins and that the supplement companies outsource everything to them except for marketing?

I am not sure if this is true...can we confirm or deny this?

Not sure bro, interesting question though, hope someone can chime in with some info on this.

I read somewhere (little while ago, can't remember where) that there are only a number of factories around the world that manufacture whey proteins and that the supplement companies outsource everything to them except for marketing?

I am not sure if this is true...can we confirm or deny this?

The number may have changed. The thing with the companies is BS. We have a processing plant nearby in Ireland (Arla I think). They do their own product. But you can buy a 1000-kilo bag of unflavoured isolate and send it to a flavouring company here. I've used Bacarel's WPC 80 (it's a New Zealand processed WPC80) and had it mixed and put into tubs in Blackpool.

suppp companies don't make their supplements in their own place.. many companies are run out of some dudes house. no different than any other company and any other product. does BMW makes their cars at the dealership? no.. they have a few places around the world that make the cars then ship to the dealerships

Another thing. No place just processes milk into whey for supplement companies. Not one. Milk gets treated for you to buy in the supermarket. Then it's turned into stuff like baby milk, skimmed milk powder and lower protein whey powder for bakers to use. After all that the product we're familiar with is made. Those other industries dwarf bodybuilding products by a mile in terms of product volume and sales.

Go ahead and drink your protein powder bro I'd much rather throw some egg whites, oatmeal, peanut butter and a banana in a blender.

Nothing wrong with that either. I also prefer just eating "real food" due to my big appetite.

Not sure about how many processors there are, but make sure to get quality if you are getting whey protein. Always aim to fill your protein needs with real food first though.

If you use powders just get a quality one. They arent all created equal

It's what's added that makes a product good or bad.

A 1000-kilo sack of unflavoured isolate is what it is. If I add color, flavour and a sweetener that's just about as solid as it gets. To improve it 1 more notch I might consider adding something to aid digestion.

To 'ruin' it I can add biscuits, real fruit, overdo the sweetener, up the carbs and so on. I'm thinking of a big name brand who had a best seller which was flavoured as cake mix and came out at 60%. I can further fuck with it via amino spiking or using lower quality concentrates in place of an isolate and lying.

Back
Top Bottom