Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Why protein does not help with post training pain?

laophim

Registered
I usually get strong cramps and muscle pain after training the next days. I take whey protein every day one shake, but the pain is there – do I need anohter whey protein, or some other supplement?

Cramps are more likely to be caused by dehydration. Muscle spasms might be down to training as is muscle soreness. Eat more protein - from food (like meat etc) or a protein powder like Whey To Build Muscle

I usually get strong cramps and muscle pain after training the next days. I take whey protein every day one shake, but the pain is there – do I need anohter whey protein, or some other supplement?

If it's DOMS that you are getting (delayed onset muscle soreness).
Beta-Alinine is very useful for this.

But if it's Muscle Cramps.
Then it could be a couple of things.
Dehydration/Magnesium Deficiency/or Electrolyte Imbalance from Fluid Loss.

So make sure that you are Hydrating Properly, especially in this Heat.
Then adding a Magnesium Supplement is Beneficial, since most people are Magnesium Deficient.
And Magnesium is responsible for Proper Muscle Contraction, along with over 300 other Enzymatic Functions.
I take 400 Mg of Chelated Magnesium (Chelated ~ means bound to an amino acid for better absorption).

Another product you could add if it's Muscle Cramps is an Electrolyte Liquid.
I use 40,000 Volts Electrolyte Concentrate from Trace Minerals.
It combines "Concentrace" Trace Minerals and Utah Sea Minerals in a base of Potassium Chloride.................. JP
P.S.
Here's a little article on the Benefits of Magnesium, of which about 80% of the Population is Deficient.

http://www.ancient-minerals.com/magnesium-benefits/

Back
Top Bottom