Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Contest Peak Cycle this year

I want to see a log of the next contest

LOG APPROVED - PLEASE POST A LOG FOR NEW CONTEST

This thread/post was reviewed by our Medical Review board.

This thread/post/message was also fact checked by Steven Darwin, MD and our medical review board.

Full editorial process was followed, and please read our medical disclaimer, check our editorial process.

Bros, I competed on Saturday, July 2nd, weighed in July 1st. I wanted to compete in three divisions. Classic Physique at my height is a max of 169.9 lbs.
So, I needed to get to under 170. I work Wed at 188.6. My intention was to be within 5-8 lbs of striking distance. For some odd reason, I had a difficult time dropping weight.
Saw conditioning improve week to week. Weight just went up. In DFW area, so it got very hot 100+ degree days everyday. Water retention, etc.

Cardio on point, diet good, may be overeating some chopped peanuts in the evening.

So, I got up early Wed am, and did go do a pump workout.
Had a protien shake before and after. Flew out later that morning. Visited NYC, took it easy.
No food, just little bit of water here and there. I was taking half lasix from Wed. Twice on Wed, 3 times from Thursday to Sunday.
Last BM (I know TMI) on Wed.

Screenshot_20220705-093254_Health Mate.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-093229_Health Mate.jpg
Screenshot_20220705-093217_Health Mate.jpg
Screenshot_20220704-194609_Health Mate.jpg

On Thursday as well, no food, just sipping water here and there.
Some steady state cardio and light pump workout. Walked a few miles later in the evening.

On Friday also, no food, just sipping water.
More steady state cardio and light pump up workout. I did hit the Steam and sauna at this point.
Other competitors were there, so we were trying to make weight

At this point, I am 170.4 on the digital scale and 169 on the mechanical scale. I work towards 68.5 on both after 30-45 min sauna.

I go weigh in at 167.6. What a struggle.

Basically, I did a 3 day fast to arrive at a target weight. Not ideal. The muscle bellies do get a flatter appearance. I did cramp a bit, but not too much. I had Taurine.
I also think I am naturally more watery/bloated in appearance.

I felt tighter.

Right now, I am about 180. I'm hoping to move closer to to 170 over the next two weeks. I would like to weigh in as welterweight (under 165.25)
That's what I will be shooting for.

I'm just going to keep grinding. I will post some show pics and thoughts on my next post.

Thanks!

OK, some contest thoughts and pictures....

My feeling was I like my legs and arms, but my abs and glutes could be tighter. I decided not to carb up. I tend to get watery and overdo it. Always seem to look better the evening before.
I liked my look in the mirror. It is what it is.

First class up was bodybuilding. Staging and setup for the show was not great. Expeditors had us lined up way too early. Hard to warm up and stay pumped, but this is typical at national shows.

10299264.jpg

10299265.jpg

10299269.jpg

10299270.jpg

I like my bodybuilding pictures. I find that to get lean and dry I lose size on my delts and arms. I feel like I am better off competing with lighter weight class since I end up looking smaller. I really need to be on the top end of lighter weight class.

Some comparisons

10299167.jpg

For Classic Physique and Mens Physique, I just need to practice posing. Holding the posing. Tilting my waist to make it look smaller.
Holding it in.

That is what I intend to do this next two weeks.

As mentioned finished with a 4th place in Mens Physique.

Started rehydrating Saturday evening. A little carb loading before the evening show.
At the national shows, no posing routine if you are not top 5. You just get called out, hit one pose and walk off stage.
If you are not first call out, you know your fate.

Show ran log, Prejudging started at 9AM and ended at 5pm. Evening show was supposed to start at 5,ended up starting at 6:30 or so.
Did not finish my part till 10PM or so.

Back to the room, started chugging powerade zero. Finally had a BM the next day.

Tradition for me is to have a nice breakfast the next day. Two weeks, did not want anything to carb centric, so I had a delicious Philly Cheesesteak omelet. A few bite size pieces of toast and french toast samples.
Flew back later that day, did have some granola snack, protein bars at the airport. Tried not to go crazy with food.

Yesterday, did my normal back day, woke up late and just took my time being July 4th.
Today, up early for my light leg day. Doing my cardio grind. Getting ready for the next one.

I would like to see the weight drop to the mid to low 170s over this two week period.

That's all for now. Hope you are enjoying my adventures....

Pigsy, I've never heard that. I will bring them in. Appreciate it.

Yes, it's a make down plus looks so much better. My first IFBB when. I asked for judges feed back that was there feedback on my posing cost me a top 3, for front gap

Pigsy, I've never heard that. I will bring them in. Appreciate it.

Great.

I thought, based on your placings, the pics would be bad but they're pretty good. Your plan to tighten up is on point.

Look spectacular, real pro

Good morning bros. Rough times here in DFW, Texas. Been 100+ every day since I've been back. Sluggish and slow but starting to just accept as the new normal. Trying to get 20K steps in every day. Weight has been 180-185. Want to weigh in next week at 165.25. Planning the weight cut/workouts/cardio from Saturday to make weight.

For this show, I'll be flying in the weigh in date whereas the previous show I flew in 2 days before.

Feel about the same. Expecting to look about the same. Two weeks is not enough time to really impact much change. Work stress has also been insane as well. We'll see how this goes....

Good morning bros. Rough times here in DFW, Texas. Been 100+ every day since I've been back. Sluggish and slow but starting to just accept as the new normal. Trying to get 20K steps in every day. Weight has been 180-185. Want to weigh in next week at 165.25. Planning the weight cut/workouts/cardio from Saturday to make weight.

For this show, I'll be flying in the weigh in date whereas the previous show I flew in 2 days before.

Feel about the same. Expecting to look about the same. Two weeks is not enough time to really impact much change. Work stress has also been insane as well. We'll see how this goes....

entire country is cooking man. makes it so hard to even leave the house the entire day

You need to take pics for us of the show at least how you look on stage

you keeping what diet?

Back
Top Bottom