Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Does anyone use an iPhone app at the gym to track progress?

Nazty

I've been searching for an app to track my progress and open for reviews.

Sent from the "Mothership"

I've honestly just started using numbers... Apple's excel type app... I can set up my own programs, base reps and %s on training maxes (ala 531), and even track overall volume (weight moved) and workout density (weight moved divided by total reps or sets), which are two of my biggest growth indicators.

Honestly, most apps seem geared towards a lowest common denominator crowd.

The only thing I use is an interval timmer that I can customize to set interval sessions.

myfitnesspal is a pretty good app to track nutrition and workouts...it does have some limitations though

For 60 sec

Ummm no....

It can be as easy as this:

5 minuet warmup - Alarm
30 sec interval - 30 sec rest
1min interval - 1min rest
2:30min Interval - 1min rest
5 minuet interval all out - 1 minuet rest
2:30min Interval - 1min rest
1min interval - 1min rest
5 minuet cool down- Alarm

I don't do these in the gym because stationary bikes are reserved normally for those with female genitalia.

So, I do these on the road and you can mix it up by doing intervals into strong head winds to make it harder or pick your favorite long ass hill and do these intervals while climbing.

You will rip your legs the fuck up.

gym hero is ok.. but really you cant beat a small notebook. (just remember to snap a photo of your training logs every now and then in case you lose it.)

I use an app called Gym Buddy. You can create any exercise you want and it will create a chart of your progress over the years. I like it mainly because I can keep track of 5/3/1 and have four separate workouts with different exercises.

Personally a fan of JEFIT. It's got a huge lift database plus you can customize and make your own lifts, set rep ranges, and number of sets. It's even got a rest timer, calculates 1RM and PRs, and at the end of your routine will give you a total amount of weight moved plus some other goodies.

myfitnesspal is a pretty good app to track nutrition and workouts...it does have some limitations though

I know what you mean about Limitations, I use it to Track my Food Intake when I'm Cutting.
It's not Set Up for a High Protein Diet, you can put everything in, but it'll tell you something Stupid afterward.................... JP
P.S.
For Workouts, I'm Old School and I still use a Notebook.
I've been using one since the Early 70's, it's a Hard Habit to Break.
Although, I use a Much Smaller one these Days.

I know what you mean about Limitations, I use it to Track my Food Intake when I'm Cutting.
It's not Set Up for a High Protein Diet, you can put everything in, but it'll tell you something Stupid afterward.................... JP
P.S.
For Workouts, I'm Old School and I still use a Notebook.
I've been using one since the Early 70's, it's a Hard Habit to Break.
Although, I use a Much Smaller one these Days.

You can go online to myfitnesspal and change your macros in settings to whatever you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be nice to be able to do all in one

Myfitnesspal has the App, I just don't use the Smartphone for that.
I would have to be using my Reading Glasses at the Gym.
That's not Going to Happen, Ever......................................... JP

You can go online to myfitnesspal and change your macros in settings to whatever you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do and it takes them, but if you put in a Certain Calorie amount for the Day.
It sets the Macros for you, you can still put your Macros in, but it doesn't understand that you're Eating 250 Grams of Protein, and only 50 Carbs and 60 Fat.
So it'll show the Extra Protein in Red, meaning you're over your Daily amount for Protein.
When I'm Cutting, I have a Certain Calorie Intake for Certain Days, and my Macros will Change a little.
I just like that on Certain Things i can see what is Exactly going on..................... JP

Back
Top Bottom