Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Golfers elbow

So-called Golfers elbow doesn't differ from any other 'elbow' issue. It's just a form of elbow tendinitis. But, kinda obviously, in this case caused by Golf. It could be from Tennis, riding a trail bike or whatever. Causes are also SUPER obvious - over bloody use. Now, and I'm the same, try telling the athlete to NOT train (play golf here).

RICE (1st 3 for sure)
Yet REST is No1
Ice (cooling gels too)
Putting it up in a strap or elevating it on a sofa cushion and just plain not using it will help
Followed by rehab (a cheap massager - heck a GF's vibrator would work).

Now what MANY don't do and which will help is to work the opposing muscles (grip training... who knew lol). If it's a extensor issue work the flexors and if it's a flexor issue (inside of the forearm) work the extensors. Literally rubber bands can work the outer muscles and a rubber ball squeezed the flexors.

As often as not it's the so-called 'funny bone' which is really the 'ulnar nerve' getting rubbed against the hole repeatedly and it becomes inflamed. Anti-inflamnmatory gels are ok - in moderation!!

And yes, as others have said, a good fish oil, bone broths, and a solid joint formula will help. But treat the root cause. If you drove your car at 200mph all day long you KNOW you're doing damage regardless of how good the oil you put in is. If you keep playing and don't rest, treat and rehab... same

So-called Golfers elbow doesn't differ from any other 'elbow' issue. It's just a form of elbow tendinitis. But, kinda obviously, in this case caused by Golf. It could be from Tennis, riding a trail bike or whatever. Causes are also SUPER obvious - over bloody use. Now, and I'm the same, try telling the athlete to NOT train (play golf here).

RICE (1st 3 for sure)
Yet REST is No1
Ice (cooling gels too)
Putting it up in a strap or elevating it on a sofa cushion and just plain not using it will help
Followed by rehab (a cheap massager - heck a GF's vibrator would work).

Now what MANY don't do and which will help is to work the opposing muscles (grip training... who knew lol). If it's a extensor issue work the flexors and if it's a flexor issue (inside of the forearm) work the extensors. Literally rubber bands can work the outer muscles and a rubber ball squeezed the flexors.

As often as not it's the so-called 'funny bone' which is really the 'ulnar nerve' getting rubbed against the hole repeatedly and it becomes inflamed. Anti-inflamnmatory gels are ok - in moderation!!

And yes, as others have said, a good fish oil, bone broths, and a solid joint formula will help. But treat the root cause. If you drove your car at 200mph all day long you KNOW you're doing damage regardless of how good the oil you put in is. If you keep playing and don't rest, treat and rehab... same
This is my take as well. I was dealing with tennis elbow recently (same exact injury just felt on the outside rather than inside.). I soldiered through for a few months, then realized I was hurting myself doing so. I was able to modify the offending exercises to take strain off. The most painful thing was actually loading a barbell at squat height, so I relied on my wife for assistance. Work around what you can, and completely rest where you can’t work around injury. It’s not something that seems to get better just ignoring the pain.

Back
Top Bottom