Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newbie to the scene- Thoughts on testosterone boosters "real or bunk?"

EmeraldCoastRob

Registered
As my thread title indicates, I am new to the work-out world. I am, by nature, a cynical person and am prone to researching the shit out of everything I get involved with. Yeah, I know its irritating to some, but hey, I like to be well-informed. So, I suffer from low t, I am out of shape(due in part to a work-related injury I am just now recovering from), overweight, and getting to the age where I am starting to be more aware of my mortality and my need to take better care of myself. (hence, the interest in this website). So far everyone I have communicated with here has been helpful, friendly and informative. I appreciate that...It's why I continue to spend my valuable time here trying to soak up some much needed self-improvement knowledge.
So here is my situation; got my bloodwork(very low t) got my t (250mg test cyprionate to be taken 1/2 cc/week as per doc orders with anastrozole tab every other day). Got some creatine to help with energy, etc...Started at the gym today (scheduled a session with a PT for monday) Working on a sensible high protein, low carb diet to help build muscle and drop fat. And I am increasing my cardio.
Here is my query; Are these testosterone boosters (like nugenix, etc...) really effective? The research I have run across on some of them suggests that there are a lot of "catch me, screw me!" type products out there. Unregulated by any agencies, full of unknown or unproven ingredients and suggesting the improvement of energy, libido,and increase of the bodys free test and SHGB as well as test production without any science to back it up.
Enter my journey to the world of Evolutionary.org. You guys/gals (and potentially myself-as a new member) are the ones living the life. You USE these kinds of products, you LIVE the life of a workout machine. In short, YOU WALK THE WALK many only talk about. As I said, I like to be informed, so I pose the question "Are there really such products that can improve or create testosterone production in the body without injection or otherwise introducing test into the body?' Are any of these products capable of doing what they claim? Do any of you feel you are proof that they do? And more importantly from my own perspective-"Is there anyone of you out there or anyone you know that is in a similar situation to my situation?" Past or present. This is what brought my here on my quest for knowledge and advice. I like what I have experienced so far, and I hope to stay. Hell, I hope at some point I have something to offer in return or contribution. If nothing else, I am a good test subject (but not a guinea pig). THOUGHTS?

The reality/truth is ANYONE who dares to call these supplements effective for muscle growth is out of their mind and is probably just trying to rip you off.

Just think about it logically. Do you think that a 5 to 10% increase in your testosterone levels is gonna have any measurable effect on your gains?

And for fuck sake, look at the price tag of these products.The cost to benefit ratio that I personally would not recommend anybody wasting their hard earned money on them.

You get much more bang for your buck getting a good quality protein supplement along with maybe creatine.

See my dm I sent you.

- - - Updated - - -

The reality/truth is ANYONE who dares to call these supplements effective for muscle growth is out of their mind and is probably just trying to rip you off.

Just think about it logically. Do you think that a 5 to 10% increase in your testosterone levels is gonna have any measurable effect on your gains?

And for fuck sake, look at the price tag of these products.The cost to benefit ratio that I personally would not recommend anybody wasting their hard earned money on them.

You get much more bang for your buck getting a good quality protein supplement along with maybe creatine (monohydrate).

See my dm bro.

- - - Updated - - -

The reality/truth is ANYONE who dares to call these supplements effective for muscle growth is out of their mind and is probably just trying to rip you off

- - - Updated - - -

You get much more bang for your buck getting a good quality protein supplement along with maybe creatine.

To be concise, yes a stack of natural test boosters can increase testosterone slightly, but nothing dramatic. If you have already begun your TRT, they are useless for you though. You can also take natural supplements like boron to help tie up SHBG and increase free testosterone a bit, although again this won't as effective as an AAS like proviron.

Thanks. you summed up my first inclinations about such products after just preliminary investigations about their claims. It seems to me (again, a novice here) that the only real results are going to come from hard work , improved diet, and anabolics. That is why I came to this site and delved right away into these forums. As a retired Army Vet, I know what it takes to get in real shape. But at my age, with the low t, I am examining all my options. And I am trying to find the best sources for the gear I need. Thanks for the input, bro. It is valued.

As my thread title indicates, I am new to the work-out world. I am, by nature, a cynical person and am prone to researching the shit out of everything I get involved with. Yeah, I know its irritating to some, but hey, I like to be well-informed. So, I suffer from low t, I am out of shape(due in part to a work-related injury I am just now recovering from), overweight, and getting to the age where I am starting to be more aware of my mortality and my need to take better care of myself. (hence, the interest in this website). So far everyone I have communicated with here has been helpful, friendly and informative. I appreciate that...It's why I continue to spend my valuable time here trying to soak up some much needed self-improvement knowledge.
So here is my situation; got my bloodwork(very low t) got my t (250mg test cyprionate to be taken 1/2 cc/week as per doc orders with anastrozole tab every other day). Got some creatine to help with energy, etc...Started at the gym today (scheduled a session with a PT for monday) Working on a sensible high protein, low carb diet to help build muscle and drop fat. And I am increasing my cardio.
Here is my query; Are these testosterone boosters (like nugenix, etc...) really effective? The research I have run across on some of them suggests that there are a lot of "catch me, screw me!" type products out there. Unregulated by any agencies, full of unknown or unproven ingredients and suggesting the improvement of energy, libido,and increase of the bodys free test and SHGB as well as test production without any science to back it up.
Enter my journey to the world of Evolutionary.org. You guys/gals (and potentially myself-as a new member) are the ones living the life. You USE these kinds of products, you LIVE the life of a workout machine. In short, YOU WALK THE WALK many only talk about. As I said, I like to be informed, so I pose the question "Are there really such products that can improve or create testosterone production in the body without injection or otherwise introducing test into the body?' Are any of these products capable of doing what they claim? Do any of you feel you are proof that they do? And more importantly from my own perspective-"Is there anyone of you out there or anyone you know that is in a similar situation to my situation?" Past or present. This is what brought my here on my quest for knowledge and advice. I like what I have experienced so far, and I hope to stay. Hell, I hope at some point I have something to offer in return or contribution. If nothing else, I am a good test subject (but not a guinea pig). THOUGHTS?

Being in shape, fitter and having less fat will mean better test levels. Address that first.

most test boosters are junk, you have to read in the ingredients and labels to find the 1% that are awesome.

n2generate ES is an awesome test booster but it does so much more. it also helps with the HPTA, estrogen, and cholesterol .. just look at all that is in it.

Last edited:
its just like anything else you buy... there are some that are quality and some that are not... you have to have realistic expectations from them though as well... if you are expecting a test booster to make you pack on 10 lbs of muscle or something like boost your test up several hundreds of points then of course you would be disappointed however ive been in the supplement industry for over a decade and have seen and developed formulas that are extremely effective and ive also seen some of the short cuts others take... there are some that absolutely do work at what they are supposed to be doing... its all about understanding what exactly you should be getting from them and how they should be working...

its just like anything else you buy... there are some that are quality and some that are not... you have to have realistic expectations from them though as well... if you are expecting a test booster to make you pack on 10 lbs of muscle or something like boost your test up several hundreds of points then of course you would be disappointed however ive been in the supplement industry for over a decade and have seen and developed formulas that are extremely effective and ive also seen some of the short cuts others take... there are some that absolutely do work at what they are supposed to be doing... its all about understanding what exactly you should be getting from them and how they should be working...

Okay. I am willing to entertain the possibility that there are some products out there that "boost" testosterone levels. That being said, I would like to know WHAT in those products increases test or test production and how it does that. And make no mistake; I am not trying to throw shade on supps at all. I am trying to understand and get educated on them so as to make informed decisions on their use. Surely there is some science, some description, some definition other than simple "claims" that this stuff works....I've already been told here in this community that boosters are, at the very best, negligible in their claims and a waste of "hard earned money". Science repeatedly points to anabolics/prescribed and proven meds to get gains. Yes, you need to go through a doctor and get blood work (which makes good sense and is expensive), but what are the ingredients in the supps that work?, where are the documented studies?, who did the research?, and why can't or won't anyone readily supply the answers to these kinds of interrogatories? Some would assume and even suggest that the reason supp companies hide the proprietary blend ingredients and concentrations is profit driven. I am a simple soldier, trying to improve myself, looking for answers to these questions before I spend my hard-earned money. I keep hearing "common sense" should rule, which rings true to me, but again I am on a journey here to gain knowledge and not pass judgement. That is why I am looking to those with no "dog in the fight", those who don't sell or sponsor supps....those who walk the walk with no hidden agenda ( and I am not suggesting you fall into any such category). This is my first experience delving into this world, and I appreciate the fact that there are those of you out there who take this shit seriously, otherwise I would be wasting valuable time sitting at a fucking keyboard, staring at a monitor, which is not something I am normally prone or known to do.

They stimulate slightly increased test production. Varying natural test boosters also have more or less efficacy based on age, current level of test production, etc.

Okay. I am willing to entertain the possibility that there are some products out there that "boost" testosterone levels. That being said, I would like to know WHAT in those products increases test or test production and how it does that. And make no mistake; I am not trying to throw shade on supps at all. I am trying to understand and get educated on them so as to make informed decisions on their use. Surely there is some science, some description, some definition other than simple "claims" that this stuff works....I've already been told here in this community that boosters are, at the very best, negligible in their claims and a waste of "hard earned money". Science repeatedly points to anabolics/prescribed and proven meds to get gains. Yes, you need to go through a doctor and get blood work (which makes good sense and is expensive), but what are the ingredients in the supps that work?, where are the documented studies?, who did the research?, and why can't or won't anyone readily supply the answers to these kinds of interrogatories? Some would assume and even suggest that the reason supp companies hide the proprietary blend ingredients and concentrations is profit driven. I am a simple soldier, trying to improve myself, looking for answers to these questions before I spend my hard-earned money. I keep hearing "common sense" should rule, which rings true to me, but again I am on a journey here to gain knowledge and not pass judgement. That is why I am looking to those with no "dog in the fight", those who don't sell or sponsor supps....those who walk the walk with no hidden agenda ( and I am not suggesting you fall into any such category). This is my first experience delving into this world, and I appreciate the fact that there are those of you out there who take this shit seriously, otherwise I would be wasting valuable time sitting at a fucking keyboard, staring at a monitor, which is not something I am normally prone or known to do.

hey bro.. so im on vacation with my wife for our anniversary so im trying to stay out of the dog house and just get on here when shes either asleep or in the shower so i'll link you studies as i can this week... if you go to this page, which is a product i developed, you can get an idea and can also look up studies on the ingredients as well... https://www.dganutrition.com/product/post-ct/

also, go to bannednutrition.com and look at the ingredients in M1 MK and you can see what a real test booster should look like in terms of actually doing something for you...

A lot of people sleep on lithium. Lithium will increase your test more effectively than any of these highly marketed money extractors ever will. Before I started juicing lithium made a noticeable increase in size of my testicles.

There are good test boosters and bad ones, but even with the good ones you have to have realistic expectations. They work great for recovery or someone with low test. For those that are in range I wouldnt expect anything drastic from them, except maybe a little more aggression, higher libido, and better performance in the gym....which in itself can lead to more gains

Back
Top Bottom