Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Approved Log PrinceDaddy 2024 Bodybuilding Log (Masters 55+ Competitor)

for sure life is short you should definitely enjoy your toys

Friday Update : biceps / abs

Wake Up @ 203
Post workout @ 199
Step Count: 23K
Androgen Rage : Medium
Cycle Status : Week 2 Clean Bulk Cycle
Show Date : 07/17/2024

The car is cool, but definitely beyond my budget. I have paid off 2013 car with 94K mileage. With all the inflation everything is so much more expensive these last few years. My company is struggling as well, so no COLA or increases in the last 2 year. One can dream tho.

Last year I was doing 3 versions of this work out. Right now it is just 2 versions since I am not nimble enough to jump up to pull up bars.
So, today's version is a plate loaded bicep bench. As you can tell I do quite a bit of volume.

10xEmpty, 10x10, 10x25, 10x35
10x45 (1 plate), 10x55, 10x70, 10x80
10x90 (2 plate), 10x100, 10x115, 10x124
10x135 (3 plates), 10x145, 10x160, 10x170
10x180 (4 plates), 8x190, 7x205
10x180
10x135
10x90
10x45
10xEmpty

Good pumps. I finish up with cable curls with straight bar, curl bar, and rope curls. I sneak a set of bar drag curls in there as well.
I go easier on the weigh moving the pin with each set 10 from the top to the middle or 52 on my stack.

I do a couple of different pull ups (trying to focus less on lats and more on bicep pull up)

I finish with Cable abdominal crunches.

Good workout overall. Just keep grinding....

Thursday Update : Triceps/Traps/Dumb bell RDLs

Wake Up @ 204
Post workout @ 200
Step Count: 22K

RDL, Shrugs, Flies - Front, Side, Rear
I do all 5 exercises above to warm up with 5,10,15,20,25,30 Dumb bells.

Cable tricep pull downs, 3 different bars, start in pos 3, add 3 each set to the last pin.

Back to Dumb Bell RDL and shrugs
10x40 lbs
10x60 lbs
10x80 lbs
10x110 lbs
10x130 lbs

Plate loaded RDL and Shrugs
4 plates each side 2 sets of 10 (different grip bars)
3 plates same
2 plates same
1 plate same

Good work out today. One day at time, get it done! There are some nice cars at my gym.
Unfortunately not mine, but one can dream. Check out this black Tesla Cyber Truck.
View attachment 23016

Have not seen a black one. Looks a little like a Dark Knight Bat Mobile?
They are cool looking

Friday Update : biceps / abs

Wake Up @ 203
Post workout @ 199
Step Count: 23K

The car is cool, but definitely beyond my budget. I have paid off 2013 car with 94K mileage. With all the inflation everything is so much more expensive these last few years. My company is struggling as well, so no COLA or increases in the last 2 year. One can dream tho.

Last year I was doing 3 versions of this work out. Right now it is just 2 versions since I am not nimble enough to jump up to pull up bars.
So, today's version is a plate loaded bicep bench. As you can tell I do quite a bit of volume.

10xEmpty, 10x10, 10x25, 10x35
10x45 (1 plate), 10x55, 10x70, 10x80
10x90 (2 plate), 10x100, 10x115, 10x124
10x135 (3 plates), 10x145, 10x160, 10x170
10x180 (4 plates), 8x190, 7x205
10x180
10x135
10x90
10x45
10xEmpty

Good pumps. I finish up with cable curls with straight bar, curl bar, and rope curls. I sneak a set of bar drag curls in there as well.
I go easier on the weigh moving the pin with each set 10 from the top to the middle or 52 on my stack.

I do a couple of different pull ups (trying to focus less on lats and more on bicep pull up)

I finish with Cable abdominal crunches.

Good workout overall. Just keep grinding....
@PrinceDaddy with your volume pumps are a 100% keep the grind going

on the car, 100% one day you're in it :) just takes time, get your Pro Card first

Thursday Update : Triceps/Traps/Dumb bell RDLs

Wake Up @ 204
Post workout @ 200
Step Count: 22K

RDL, Shrugs, Flies - Front, Side, Rear
I do all 5 exercises above to warm up with 5,10,15,20,25,30 Dumb bells.

Cable tricep pull downs, 3 different bars, start in pos 3, add 3 each set to the last pin.

Back to Dumb Bell RDL and shrugs
10x40 lbs
10x60 lbs
10x80 lbs
10x110 lbs
10x130 lbs

Plate loaded RDL and Shrugs
4 plates each side 2 sets of 10 (different grip bars)
3 plates same
2 plates same
1 plate same

Good work out today. One day at time, get it done! There are some nice cars at my gym.
Unfortunately not mine, but one can dream. Check out this black Tesla Cyber Truck.
View attachment 23016

Have not seen a black one. Looks a little like a Dark Knight Bat Mobile?
between the truck and glasses this too much

Saturday Update : Heavy Legs / Conventional Deads

Wake Up @ 200
Post workout @ 193
Step Count: 24K
Androgen Rage : Low

I thought I would attempt multiple deads @ 495, but it just was not there. I am carrying a different weight at the moment. Life is full of stress, the gym is my release. My elderly dad is needing to go into assisted living, nursing home and it is falling on me as the responsible party. I have 2 sibling but they live far away Alaska & Australia. He does not have dementia or Alzheimer's but he does not always get it. He falls down frequently and just does not have 24 hour supervision. He lives by himself, uses a walker. Has someone check in on him. Lives across town from me. So, I am working on helping him get situated in a better predicament. At this point he is ready to go, but just getting him admitted to what is appropriate for him is mind boggling. Just trying to figure it out. One day at time. That's all I can do.

I did end up doing my normal Saturday Heavy Legs workout. Did hit a single top set of 495 banded high box squat and 495 dead lift. Just did not have it in me to push. I did do more back off sets on the deads today. Maybe it will help next week.

Stay strong peeps!

Saturday Update : Heavy Legs / Conventional Deads

Wake Up @ 200
Post workout @ 193
Step Count: 24K
Androgen Rage : Low

I thought I would attempt multiple deads @ 495, but it just was not there. I am carrying a different weight at the moment. Life is full of stress, the gym is my release. My elderly dad is needing to go into assisted living, nursing home and it is falling on me as the responsible party. I have 2 sibling but they live far away Alaska & Australia. He does not have dementia or Alzheimer's but he does not always get it. He falls down frequently and just does not have 24 hour supervision. He lives by himself, uses a walker. Has someone check in on him. Lives across town from me. So, I am working on helping him get situated in a better predicament. At this point he is ready to go, but just getting him admitted to what is appropriate for him is mind boggling. Just trying to figure it out. One day at time. That's all I can do.

I did end up doing my normal Saturday Heavy Legs workout. Did hit a single top set of 495 banded high box squat and 495 dead lift. Just did not have it in me to push. I did do more back off sets on the deads today. Maybe it will help next week.

Stay strong peeps!
@PrinceDaddy 24k steps, nice! your cardio is high.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, I hope you work that out. Dont give up on training, stay on top of it.

And more training will clear your mind, hardcore it!

if he is close as you are implying then i would look into home hospice care. then when he gets really close you can keep him at home or take him to hospice. they will essentially make him comfortable and will be there to change him and all that to ease your burden as crude as that sounds. the point being he will be comfortable

if he isn't quite there yet then there are facilities that cater to this sort of thing where they basically live in nursing homes as you say. it costs 4-5K per month for a decent place but they provide 24/7 care, food, and whatever else he needs.

its a really tough situation that all of us will have to deal with but if he is falling down a lot then he needs to be watched because he will end up falling and breaking a hip. if he can't walk anymore then i would def not waste my time or money on a facility, just jump to the hospice route and set up a nice tv for him to watch. a friends grandma recently was staying at a nice place and fell and broke her hip and they didn't find her for 4 hours. I Personally don't trust these places no matter how much you pay

Back
Top Bottom