Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

protein before bed

pwatef6

Registered
considering taking protein before bed bsn or some casein gold
standard, whats the better choice before bed whey or casein?

Cassein is definitely the better option between the two, so I would take it before going to bed.

Casein is better before bed. Casein coagulates in your stomach and makes a gel. It is extremely slowly digesting and will slowly trickle amino acids into your bloodstream while you sleep.

Whey is great for post workout supplementation. It is rapidly assimilate and will quickly replenish depleted amino acid levels from your workout.

Of those two choices, casein is better (as many have said). Personally, I would eat some beef. It digest slowly and it is a whole food. Eat some beef with some green leafy vegetables and your digestive system will thank you.

In the world of real food, have a cottage cheese snack before bed. Its loaded with caseine and tastes great, if you like savoury stuff. Toss in a bit of peanut butter to add flavour and slow digestion even more (from the fats). You can also add in a scoop of flavoured WPI to make it taste more like candy, which is the intent of WPI/WPC flavouring.

Is casein a lactose rich product? I know it is a dairy product, but so is butter and butter has no lactose in it.

Is casein a lactose rich product? I know it is a dairy product, but so is butter and butter has no lactose in it.

Casein has around 0.1% Lactose in it.

Whereas Whey Isolate has around 1 to 2%

Whey Concentrate is 5% or more Lactose depending on the Manufacturer..................................... JP

Casein has around 0.1% Lactose in it.

Whereas Whey Isolate has around 1 to 2%

Whey Concentrate is 5% or more Lactose depending on the Manufacturer..................................... JP

Thanks! I am pretty lactose intolerant - concentrate causes the UN to send WMD inspection teams to my home, but isolate is good. That means I can do casein! YAY!!! I wonder if BPI sells casein...have to go look.

Thanks! I am pretty lactose intolerant - concentrate causes the UN to send WMD inspection teams to my home, but isolate is good. That means I can do casein! YAY!!! I wonder if BPI sells casein...have to go look.

Yeah BPI makes Casein.
Just make sure it's 100% Micellar Casein..................................... JP

Yeah BPI makes Casein.
Just make sure it's 100% Micellar Casein..................................... JP

Apparently no one sells BPI Best Casein. What brand(s) do you personally prefer? This will be my first foray into casein.

Apparently no one sells BPI Best Casein. What brand(s) do you personally prefer? This will be my first foray into casein.

I haven't done any Casein in the last few years.
It can be a little rough on the Flavor Profile.

The last Casein I purchased was from Musclefeast and it wasn't flavored, I did my own Flavoring.
They do sell Flavored and it's Good.
Quality is also Very Good.
If you do decide to purchase ~ get on the VIP list by subscribing to the Newsletter.
This will get you a Lifetime Discount of 26% ~ that can be combined with any Sale on Protein................................. JP

I haven't done any Casein in the last few years.
It can be a little rough on the Flavor Profile.

The last Casein I purchased was from Musclefeast and it wasn't flavored, I did my own Flavoring.
They do sell Flavored and it's Good.
Quality is also Very Good.
If you do decide to purchase ~ get on the VIP list by subscribing to the Newsletter.
This will get you a Lifetime Discount of 26% ~ that can be combined with any Sale on Protein................................. JP

Saving money is always good, thanks!

Saving money is always good, thanks!

Just got an Email from Vitamin Shoppe.
They're having a Protein Sale and they carry BPI-Sport.
Just not sure if they carry their Casein.

Best bet is call your Local Vitamin Shoppe and ask.
If they have it ~ ask them to Match the Online Price ~ it's always cheaper than the Store Price ~ if you ask they'll Match the Price.......... JP

Just got an Email from Vitamin Shoppe.
They're having a Protein Sale and they carry BPI-Sport.
Just not sure if they carry their Casein.

Best bet is call your Local Vitamin Shoppe and ask.
If they have it ~ ask them to Match the Online Price ~ it's always cheaper than the Store Price ~ if you ask they'll Match the Price.......... JP

They do not, but I did make sure to pick up a different brand that was 100% Micellar Casein. Thanks everyone!

Back
Top Bottom