Iodine (from Kelp) is an essential mineral that must be acquired from food. You probably have heard a lot about Iodine's link to thyroid health and losing weight. Being deficient in this mineral can lead to many more problems as we will discuss here. The sad thing is that due to the crappy American diet which is spreading across the globe, the number of people who are becoming deficient has risen to over 33%. Another problem is that our soils have been abused due to greedy factor farming practices which have robbed the soil of minerals.
Role on the thyroid
We all know of someone who has to take thyroid medications for the rest of their life due to hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism is when your thyroid has low amounts of hormone present, which causes people to get fat and have low energy. What happens is the person will go to the doctor to complain about feeling these common symptoms, the doctor will run blood work and find a poor thyroid number. Instead of correcting their diet and supplementation, they will do the more profitable thing, which is put them on thyroid medications such as Cytomel.
T3, better known as liothyronine sodium, triiodothyronine and cytomel, is a fascinating thyroid hormone drug that is medically used by those who have thyroid problems. However, bodybuilders also use T3 to help them increase their metabolism and burn fat. Read More..
The sad thing is being put on thyroid medication does not fix the root problem, it just covers it up and the person ends up being dependent on this drug FOREVER because they trust their doctor. The good news is that the thyroid is a very resilient gland, and you can come off thyroid medications and successfully recover, IF you are willing to change your diet and lifestyle choices. A big part of this is getting adequate amounts of Iodine in your diet.
Dbol is used as a bulking steroid that produces mostly 'wet' gains (puffy look). It's mostly added as a kick start to bulking steroid cycles during the first 6 weeks. This is done to allow for the longer ester injectable steroids to produce results, while the dianabol provides quick gains – strength, size, mass and confidence. It's usually stacked with deca durabolin, testosterone or trenbolone. Read More..
How can you tell you are deficient?
- Weight gain: Thyroid hormones control your metabolism, and if it slows, then you will gain weight no doubt. Also, if you are overweight and trying to lose fat it will be much harder if you are deficient in Iodine.
- Feeling weak all the time: Almost all people who have an Iodine deficiency will have low thyroid and have this fatigue symptom. Without thyroid hormones, your body will have a tough time making energy.
— W!l (@wpdrx) November 10, 2018
- Neck swelling: If you feel the upper part of your neck you might be able to feel where your glands are. If they frequently become swollen that could be a red flag of low Iodine and poor thyroid health.
- Hair and skin problems: Iodine helps your skin cell health and also help you sweat more to hydrate your skin. With head hair, poor thyroid levels will make it hard for your follicles to grow.
- Feeling chilly: Low iodine means slower metabolism, which means you might feel cold a lot.
- Brain health: Low iodine can make it harder to remember things and learn.
- Female problems: Pregnant females who aren't getting enough iodine can end up with babies who have their growth stunted. Other females who have a tough time with their periods have been found to have low iodine issues.
Food that contains it
- Kelp: Kelp is a vegetable that comes from the ocean and is popular in Japanese cuisine. Studies have shown that it contains a whopping 3000mcgs of iodine per gram of sheet which far exceeds what you need in a day. The nice thing about kelp is that it is cheap to turn into supplement form, so a lot of Iodine supplements derive the mineral from it.
Some of #Kelp's benefits to your skin are:
-Softens and helps skin retain its #moisture.
-Soothes and can easily penetrate the skin for instant #hydration.
-Aids in keeping skin #smooth.
-Prevents #wrinkles with its rich moisturizing advantage.
-It's high #sili pic.twitter.com/YgcftXto5d
— CALOS (@shopcalos) June 24, 2020
- Other seaweed: I can remember the first time I ate raw seaweed in school because a parent brought it in, and to be honest, it did not taste very good. However, I still ate it along with a friend because as he said "it is good for you", so we ate a bunch of it. The good news is seaweed is made into sheets at health food stores, and they are added to Asian dishes along with sauces and flavoring to make it edible. If you have ever been to a Japanese restaurant it is definitely put into things like sushi for example. There are different types of seaweed that are eaten including Nori, wakame, and what we talked about above kelp.
- Fish: The lower fat fish will contain higher levels of Iodine generally. The most popular fish is cod which contains about 100mcgs per 3 ounces serving.
- Crustaceans: Crustaceans are shelled ocean creatures such as lobster, crabs, and shrimp. A handful of shrimp contains 50mcgs of Iodine.
- Salt: The tricky part of this is that you need to get the salt that is Iodized, otherwise this won't help. The second problem is that there has been a lot of ignorance spread in the medical community convincing people that salt is bad for them, so this has actually led to a reduction of iodine intake. Although salt can cause someone to retain water, thus straining heart health, this is not going to happen to a healthy individual already with a proper lifestyle so it is horrible advice to avoid iodized salt.
Don't worry about getting too much Iodine in your diet. The truth is the body tolerates too much very well. Only in very few situations can it have adverse effects.
You want to be consuming 150mcgs per day of Iodine from food and from supplementation total. If you are a pregnant or nursing female, you need more.
The supplement industry is full of products that hide their ingredients to conceal how pathetic they are. Others are truthful about what's in them but they only contain 1 or 2 decent ingredients, with the rest just fluff to fill out the label. They then slap some juiced up meathead on the cover who is paid to tell you how good it is, then they jack up the price 10X what it is really worth. Read More..
Where to buy
Iodine is readily available and legal in supplement form anywhere that sells vitamins. However, we strongly advise you to use it along with a supplement stack. We are big fans of all in 1 formula's such as the product Cardazol, which has 115mcgs of Iodine, as well as dozens of additional ingredients. You can purchase Cardazol soon at Bannednutrition.com.
Forums on our forums? read on:
- alpha t2
- BCAAs, Creatine and Adrenal Fatigue
- Fluoride Inhibits Thyroid Function
- Milk Thistle - good for the liver, bad for androgen receptors. Have ti post this one
- Topical iodine affects estrogen's ability to bind to breast cells??
- ATP Science T432 Thermogenic
- 33years old, never tried this stuff
- salted peanuts vs unsalted
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.