Laxogenin (5a-Hydroxy) is an anabolic building block that is derived from plants, and it can be used by the body to create its own anabolics. It does this by increasing protein synthesis and nitrogen retention, creating an anabolic environment in the body that gives the effects of increased muscle strength and mass, endurance, recovery, and lean gains. What's more, laxogenin also inhibits cortisol - a nasty hormone we get from both mental and physical stress, which signals the body to store fat and burn muscle.
Table of Contents
Interestingly, people may not be aware that laxogenin was studied by the Japanese as far back as the early 1960's, but it was not brought to the public attention until the 90's. Since then, supplement companies have used this compound in their products in order to give athletes a boost.
How it works
Laxogenin was isolated in 1992 from rhizomes of smilax sieboldii (a plant species found throughout the world, but native to Asia). It is considered to be a type of steroidal sapogenin, and part of a group called brassinosteroids, which are part of a group of 40 different steroids that are synthesized from species of plants. Within the plant, these amazing compounds promote growth and vitality.
However, a study from the FASEB journal in 2010 showed that these brassinosteroids actually trigger anabolic effects by increasing protein synthesis, while halting protein breakdown. As we all know, protein is the building block of muscle, but with laxogenin you also get such benefits as fat loss and performance enhancement.
As a matter of fact, laxogenin is known to be the only product available that can give you anabolic gains in mass and strength without the steroidal suppression, or other side effects. Therefore, athletes can use it on a caloric restricted diet to prevent loss of muscle and strength. Furthermore, it will also help control glucose and increase thyroid function (metabolism). Besides, according to one experiment from the late 80's in Japan, laxogenin has been shown to have anti inflammatory benefits and a prominent anti-tumor potential.
The benefits of laxogenin are not as strong as anabolic steroids, but they do have some advantages:
- It will not show up on any narcotic, or anabolic, drug screens. Tested athletes need not worry about being busted for this compound.
- It has no effects on the HPTA (hypothalamus-pituitary-testicular axis) or estrogen levels, so it is not necessary to run a post cycle therapy (PCT) or use an aromatase inhibitor. Meanwhile, anabolic steroids cause LH (luteinizing hormone) suppression of about 95%, and require a strong PCT for a proper recovery.
- Results can be very fast with laxogenin, unlike some injectable steroids, which take time to give any considerable results.
- Just like anabolic androgenic steroids, laxogenin also inhibits cortisol without other side effects. Hence, it can prevent fat gain.
- This compound increases protein synthesis by over 200%, giving you the advantages of steroid use, without the harsh side effects found with steroids.
- It does not cause liver strain like oral anabolic steroids or pro-hormones do.
- Laxogenin does not cause increases in DHT, which can fry your head hair follicles. Thus, your hairline will stay intact.
Laxogenin is an extremely safe compound, and any side effects are very rare.
Stacking and dosage
Since laxogenin does not cause side effects, nor does it increase estrogen levels or fluctuate other hormones, it will be a great addition to any cycle without having to worry about extra problems. Moreover, you can stack it will prohormones, anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS), creatine, amino acids, fat burners, test boosters, or even as part of your post cycle therapy.
The typical dosage is 50-100 milligrams (mg) per day, and you can cycle it for up to 12 weeks. It is recommended to take a 4 weeks break after each cycle, allowing the receptors to get upregulated for the best efficiency.
It is important to find a good source for your laxogenin, as many supplement companies under dose their products. On the other hand, if you can find a legitimate source for this amazing compound, it will really give you a boost across the board in your fitness goals.
Want to read about Laxogenin on our forums? check out these threads:
- The power of hyphenated chromatography-Time of flight mass spectrometry for unequivocal identification of spirostanes in bodybuilding dietary supplements
- Anabolic effect of plant brassinosteroid
- Synthesis of brassinosteroids analogues from laxogenin and their plant growth promotion
- 5alpha-Hydroxy laxogenin
- Analysis of Ingredients of Supplements in the National Institutes of Health Supplement Database Marketed as Containing a Novel Alternative to Anabolic Steroids
- Prohormone supplement 3β-hydroxy-5α-androst-1-en-17-one enhances resistance training gains but impairs user health
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.