Many in the bodybuilding community have already heard of Melanotan II (M2) and its amazing ability to promote darker skin pigmentation. What many bodybuilders don't realize is that Melanotan II also comes with other added benefits that would be of great interests to those on and off cycle. These can include weight loss, increased libido and lean body mass.
Table of Contents
Melanotan II was first developed by a group at the University of Arizona with the intent of creating a peptide that could lower the risk for skin cancer. They succeeded and found that they could increase the amount of melanin naturally with M2, which helps protect skin and organs from ultra violate rays. As an added benefit, they found that it also increased libido in males who did not respond well to Viagra. Studies have shown that Melanotan II could be used as a replacement therapy for patients with inadequate response to PDE5 inhibitors. Also noted was the ability for it cause weight loss as well as decrease appetite.
Why Melanotan II
For a bodybuilder planning to compete on stage, there is a considerable amount of time and attention to detail committed before they are ready to compete. Being muscled up and defined is only accentuated by a nice tan to make lines and definitions pop out and become more evident to viewers and judges. Enter the heptapeptide Melanotan II, now bodybuilders can actually protect themselves from over exposure to the sun while boosting melanin. This results in a darker and more tanned complexion. When Melanotan II is added to a peptide protocol leading up to a show, it will boost melanin levels, resulting in tanner skin; in addition, it will increase fat loss and muscle hardness.
Dosages and Usage
Like every peptide we have discussed thus far, please remember that peptides come in the form of a white delicate powder and should be stored out of light in a cool dry place. All peptides need to be reconstituted with bacteriostatic water or sodium chloride specifically used for injections. In order to use Melanotan II effectively, you need to understand your skin type. To keep things simple, we can go ahead and break skin types into three categories.
- Skin Type 1: Very fair skin, never tans. Dosages: 50-60mgs or 5-6vials.
- Skin Type 2: Fair skin, burns but sometimes tans. Dosages: 30-40mgs or 3-4 vials.
- Skin Type 3: Medium skin, sometimes burns and always tans. Dosages: 20mgs or 2 vials.
Beyond that, if your pigmentation is already naturally olive or darker, you will need to use less Meanotan II for your tanning needs. The tan results coupled with exposure to sunlight and UV rays should last a user all summer or through a season.
Daily Dosages vary depending on your needs:
- For Erectile Dysfunction (ED): average dose is around 0.025 mgs/kg (1kg = 2.2 lbs)
- For Tanning (skin pigmentation): average dose is 0.025-0.030 mgs/kg (1kg = 2.2 lbs)
Taking too much M2 can make you somewhat yellowish, so you need to start slowly with lower doses and move your way up.
The side effects associated with Melanotan II are similar to other peptides: flushed face, headache, feeling dizzy, lethargy, nausea, white patches and possible soreness or redness at site of injection. The benefits users get from Melanotan II are: darker skin pigmentation, appetite suppression, fat loss, lean body mass, increased libido and frequency of erections.
There is a serious anecdotal note about Melanotan II, some users have experienced serious nausea after using M2. This is variable from user to user, but has to be a concern. You need to feel out your dosages and start slow before you go head long into using this peptide.
In bodybuilding, especially at the competitive level, everything is taken into consideration even the darkness of your tan. Therefore, it's best you use a peptide like M2 for tanning instead of going to the tanning bed every day. Remember guy, tanning beds cause cancer!
If you don’t compete, but still want to maintain an even tan this upcoming spring/summer, then Melnaotan II is the best peptide to work into your protocol. Its added effects of sexual arousal and fat loss are welcome benefits for users who want to have that summer beach body. After all, what good is a buff tanned body if you can't get it up.
- Melanotan II: a possible cause of renal infarction: review of the literature and case report
- Melanotan-II: Investigation of the inducer and facilitator effects on penile erection in anaesthetized rat
- Evaluation of melanotan-II, a superpotent cyclic melanotropic peptide in a pilot phase-I clinical study
- Pharmacological activation of the melanocortin system limits plaque inflammation and ameliorates vascular dysfunction in atherosclerotic mice
- The first preparative solution phase synthesis of melanotan II
- Preformulation studies with melanotan-II: a potential skin cancer chemopreventive peptide
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.