Trendione, also known as trenavar, is an oral prohormone that differs from the well known injectable steroid trenbolone only by a ketone at the 17th position. Therefore, it yields active trenbolone in the body, making it an extremely powerful and potent compound. Since it is so similar in structure to trenbolone, aside from the tren cough (which is usually a result of accidentally injecting tren into a vein), the user should get very similar results as using injectable trenbolone.
Table of Contents
Trendione was released in 2011 by PHF/IBE as a true prohormone to trenbolone. It quickly became popular as one of the most powerful prohormones available, and was sold all over the internet until the recent prohormone ban. Consequently, today it is found only on the veterinary and black market because it's illegal and scheduled III as steroids.
Background and facts
The injectable trenbolone is known as a powerful injectable steroid. On paper, it is 5 times more androgenic and anabolic than testosterone. Trendione is also very powerful and will bring on very fast strength and size increases, possible fat loss, and greater vascularity. Unlike other copycat prohormones that attempt to mimic trenbolone, trendione actually does convert to trenbolone in the body.
As you can imagine, the side effects are extremely brutal with this compound. There are several reasons for this.
- The very fast results will put a strain on the body. Users will experience rapid gains in muscle mass and strength, which will put pressure on soft tissues and organ health. This can lead to lethargy and not feeling much vitality. Therefore, it is important to keep dosages conservative, especially the first time you use this compound.
- Nutrition partitioning: since this compound is so anabolic, it will literally suck the carbs right out of your meals into your muscles. As a consequence, it can cause a drop in blood sugar levels, resulting in lethargy, dizziness, sweating and other problems related to low blood sugar. In order to offset this issue, you will need to spread out carbohydrate intake, and always carry sugar with you.
- Due to the increase in metabolism and body heat, dehydration is prevalent during trendione use. Some athletes complain about very dark urine, feeling thirsty all the time, and feeling nauseous. Thus, users must double their intake of water, stay out of the heat. You should not run this compound during the hot months of the year and keep the A/C temperature lower at night.
- Severe suppression will occur because of the rapid hormonal changes in the body. This is why a full post cycle therapy is needed after a trendione cycle.
- Prolactin increases can cause problems with libido, and even possible gynecomastia problems. In fact, some users have had gyno after taking trendione, and due to progestin rebound effects libido symptoms usually arise several weeks after stopping this prohormone. To counter these effects, you can choose to run cabergoline or pramipexole, which will inhibit prolactin problems.
- Since it is a 17-alpha alkylated oral compound, you can expect liver strain. Hence, you must run liver support and never drink alcohol while using this potent drug.
- It is important to run support supplements with this compound, such as N2guard. At 7-10 caps per day this liver supporting supplement is necessary, as it will protect this vital organ. Furthermore, as already mentioned, a full post cycle therapy is needed in order to restore the HPTA function and natural testosterone production.
Users claim rapid increases in their muscle mass and strength across the board, with gains starting to happen within 7-10 days after the first dose. After 4-6 weeks, most users who do strength training will say they are very close to, or exceed, their personal records on their lifts. Moreover, they also report muscles being tighter, massive pumps during their training, and more vascularity.
Regarding the endurance aspect of training, trendione is a poor choice, as it will cripple your endurance goals.
Dosage and how to stack
Initially, trendione should be dosed at 50-70 milligrams (mg) per day split dose when ran alone, and if side effects don't occur, the dosage can be increased up to 100mg maximum. There is no need to exceed that dosage, and it should not be run for longer than 5 or 6 weeks.
If used as part of a stack, it is recommended you use trendione to kickstart a cycle, and a smaller dose of 20-50mg per day split is an ample amount. Many users choose to stack equipoise, testosterone, or primobolan with it. What's more, some users even choose to stack trendione with deca durabolin, but keep in mind that stacking two progestins should only be done by very experienced users.
When using trendione for the first time, it should be run solo at the minimum dose to see how you react.
The half life is typical of prohormones at around 6-8 hours.
As mentioned earlier in the article, trendione has been banned due to the recent US legislation on prohormones. However, it can still be found on the black market, and it is not expensive.
Want to read about Trendione on our forums? check out these threads: