Chlorophyll is the green pigment found in plants that is crucial for photosynthesis, which allows plants to absorb energy from sunlight and make their own food. As a matter of fact, you may not know this, but plants store the sunshine and make it available for our consumption.
Chlorophyll is an extremely popular supplement in both liquid and tablet forms because there are so many benefits to using it, and we will take a look at them in this profile.
Obviously, the best sources to get chlorophyll is going to be dark green vegetables - something we do not get enough of in our fast-paced and lazy western diets. Hence, it is going to be necessary to use supplements in order to get proper amounts of chlorophyll.
How it works and benefits for the athlete
There are many benefits to chlorophyll, but (due to length issues) I have condensed them all into five top reasons why it is so great.
- Hydration: This one never gets talked about, but I have found that mixing some chlorophyll in with my water helps hydrate me faster when I am sweating out fluids. This is likely because it is purely alkaline in the body, thanks to its high mineral content. Therefore, using chlorophyll while you are working out, especially during cardio sessions, gives you a tremendous advantage.
- Cancer: We have studies showing that chlorophyll binds to carcinogens and prevents them from being circulated in the body. Specifically, it was found to cause cancer 'cell arrest' due to inhibition of ribonucleotide reductase activity. This is a very important benefit, since those who have diets high in meat and low on vegetables (western American diet) are most exposed to cancers (especially the colon cancer).
- Liver detox: When you run alpha alkylated steroids they will strain your liver. This can be prevented with chlorophyll, as it increases phase II biotransformation enzymes, which promote liver health. For instance, a Chinese study was carried out on those with hepatitis B who took chlorophyll at 300 milligrams (mgs) per day, and they had the AFB1 levels drop by 55%.
- Bacteria and wound fighting: For the past century chlorophyll has been used to fight infections, especially skin ulcers. In fact, it is extremely good to put it on any sort of cut or injury you might get at the gym in order to prevent infection. Moreover, chlorophyll has been shown to fight skin cancer.
- Digestion and weight loss: It has been proven in a Swedish study that chlorophyll decreased appetite, and prevented hypoglycemia in those who were overweight. This aided them in losing excess body fat/weight.
Having used chlorophyll for years myself, I cannot point to any side effects aside from loose stools when I use too much of it.
Chlorophyll is typically run at 100-500mg per day, and it works best when combined with green leafy vegetables.
Where to find
N2guard contains 100mgs of chlorophyll per serving, plus dozens of additional ingredients. Hence there is no doubt that it is one of the most complete products on the market, and one of the best sources of chlorophyll. I use it personally, so I can vouch for the quality.
Want to know more about Chlorophyll? Read about it on our forums...
- What is the best way to take liquid Chlorophyll and how long does it take to work?
- How much chlorophyll per day for internal deodorant?
- Does Chlorophyll really work for you?
- Liquid Chlorophyll does work great!
- Powdered Greens as an internal deodorant?
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.