Mommy told you when you were growing up to finish your vegetables, her mom told her the same thing and you will tell your kids one day the same thing. It is unlikely that they knew the exact science why vegetables were so damn good for you, but they knew it worked and kept them healthier than other families who didn't eat them. In this article, we are going to tell you about a compound found in mostly cruciferous vegetables called Indole-3-Carbinol, and why it is so important you get plenty of it in your diet.
There has been some recent scientific research that has shown that Indole-3-Carbinol is the key ingredient within broccoli, and other green vegetables, that will boost the health of the body and fight problems. It is defined as a chemoprotective phytochemical, that gets converted to DIM (diindolylmethane) in your stomach. This process results in numerous good things from immune health to cancer prevention.
How it works
Aside from what we already talked about earlier with conversion to DIM (diindolylmethane), Indole-3-Carbinol also will activate the aryl hydrocarbon receptor, which is a protein that will naturally lower inflammation in the gut lining caused by bacteria. It then will boost stem cell conversion resulting in more cells in your gut which will help you absorb more beneficial nutrients from your food causing a rise in health and digestion. On the flip side when you are deficient in this protein your body will produce retarded cells which can result in dangerous tumors.
Cancer is exploding across the world thanks to environmental factors, poor lifestyle choices, and a lack of healthy eating. There are actually people out there who eat no vegetables at all, so they are bringing a knife to a gun battle when it comes to helping the body fight off the growth of cancer cells. Add how much and how frequently we eat daily and this causes cancer to explode in our body and start spreading.
It makes a lot of sense to be consuming foods that actually HELP the body fight cancer, instead of hurt. Newsweek reported that a recent rodent study showed that subjects who consumed Indole-3-Carbinol had not only healthier guts but also were much less likely to develop inflammatory diseases like cancer.
Nolvadex is the brand name for the drug Tamoxifen Citrate, which was manufactured by Imperial Chemical Industries (ICI). ICI was later bought by AstraZeneca, which is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. Tamoxifen is currently on the World Health Organization's list of essential drugs because of its many different uses. Although on paper it may appear that it might appear to be an aromatase inhibitor (AI), it is actually a SERM (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator). Read More..
One of the ways it helps with cancer is by balancing hormones in both genders. We know that estrogen can cause a rise in certain cancers like prostate in men and breast in women. One study showed that supplementing at 200mgs per day of Indole-3-Carbinol can level out estrogen and we also have seen evidence that stacking it will Nolvadex (tamoxifen) will further cancer-fighting.
There's another. Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) released from glucobrassicin. I3C inhibits WWP1, which interferes with the tumor suppressor protein PTEN. Inhibiting WWP1 restores PTEN function.https://t.co/TjeEVcBzJP
— Joshua Widhalm (@WidhalmLab) September 27, 2019
Indole-3-Carbinol has been shown to restore metabolism so you have more energy and feel younger again. It does this with an enzyme called nicotinamide mononucleotide which affects the mitochondria and how our body uses energy for metabolism. The biggest enemy of aging is inflammation and the more we abuse our bodies as we age, the more this builds up. Consider Indole-3-Carbinol almost like a detoxer of all the bad things that speed up aging.
Indole-3-carbinol is a substance that is produced by the breakdown of glucosinolate glucobrassicin, which is found in liberal amounts in cruciferous vegetables; such as broccoli, cabbage, and collard greens. It is also produced in labs for use in supplements, and it has amazing health benefits. Ongoing research with Indole has shown it to have anti-carcinogenic, antioxidant, and anti-atherogenic effects. Indole is part of the reason why green vegetables are so healthy and why those that consume them generally have less health issues than those who do not. Read More..
Here are the additional benefits of Indole-3-Carbinol:
- Liver health: Indole-3-Carbinol helps the gene expression of the liver.
- Helps lower obesity. Switching to a green vegetable diet will help you lose body fat.
- Helps with Type 2 diabetes by lowering glucose production. A study showed those that took Indole-3-Carbinol lowered their fasting glucose number by 10%.
- Heart health: From blood pressure, to hypertension, to cholesterol, it helps you with your overall heart health.
- Breathing: When we breathe dirty air it damages cells in our body and Indole-3-Carbinol helps repair those cells. It also clears out oxidative stress so we can breathe better.
- Kidney health: It has been shown to help with something called DNA methylation, which helps our good cells perform much better.
- Gut health: Many people have developed poor gut health like Crohn's, colitis, leaky gut, etc as they have gotten older. Indole-3-Carbinol will help with this big time.
- Higher testosterone levels: By balancing estrogen this will allow the body to produce more testosterone.
- Protects muscles: Not only will your testosterone rise to help with stress and muscle building, but your muscles also get protected from exercise stress.
The building block of all steroids, testosterone is a naturally-produced hormone in the body. It is secreted by the testes and is responsible for the balanced growth and maintenance of primary and secondary sexual characteristics in males - deepening of the voice, broadness of shoulders and narrowing of the pelvis, rapid hair growth (especially on the face, legs and pubis), and the production of semen for sexual reproduction. Read More..
How to get it
There are two ways to get more Indole-3-Carbinol. One is via food and one is via supplementation.
You can purchase the supplements from any drug store, vitamin shop, or online shop that sells health products or vitamins. Indole-3-Carbinol is not expensive, and it is recommended you get 200-400mgs per day along with eating a proper diet.
The best way to get it from food is broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables. Keep in mind that broccoli raw can be difficult to digest so it is important to listen to what I tell you here so you don't get a stomach ache.
— The Curable Recipes (@CurableSmoothie) September 14, 2020
- Buy organic whole broccoli and steam it lightly for a few minutes. Doing this will burn off the protein which makes it tough to digest without destroying the actual nutrition.
- Another option is eating just the sprouts of the broccoli, which are very young plants that resemble alfalfa but taste similar to radish. For these check your health food store and ask the attendant working there.
- Pair the broccoli with other very healthy foods like arugula, mustard seed, or radish. This will increase the myrosinase enzyme.
Remember it must be organic; otherwise, the nutrition is already being killed.
Supplement stack ideas
Indole-3-Carbinol stacks very well with various other supplements including vitamins, minerals, and other healthy compounds. We really love when we find all in 1 formula that already has it along with other ingredients so you get the best synergy. One such product is called M1-MK from bannednutrition.com. M1-MK contains 307 mgs per serving of Indole-3-Carbinol, along with two dozen additional ingredients all in 1 bottle. You can learn more about all the ingredients in it by checking out evolutionary.org and elitefitness.com.
Forums on our forums? read on:
- Indole 3 Carbinol Facts and why you need it on cycle: A new video by Dylan Gemelli
- 20 ways to lower male estrogen levels naturally
- Test and Anavar first cycle
- Horney Goat weed use with SARMs ?
- First Tren Cycle Advice
- prohormone cycle - feedback request!
- TESTOSTROGAIN, does it work? have you tried it?
- MY LGD 4033 Log
- Indole-3-carbinol and diindolylmethane induce apoptosis of human cervical cancer cells and in murine HPV16-transgenic preneoplastic cervical epithelium
- Indole-3-carbinol: a plant hormone combatting cancer
- Indole-3-Carbinol and Its Role in Chronic Diseases
- Molecular targets and anticancer potential of indole-3-carbinol and its derivatives
- Current results on the biological and pharmacological activities of Indole-3-carbinol
- Molecular Targets, Anti-cancer Properties and Potency of Synthetic Indole-3-carbinol Derivatives
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.