Dandelion is a herbal plant that has been used for thousands of years in Chinese and Arabian medicine for its health benefits. Currently, it can be seen growing wild in Eurasia and North America. You may have seen it in movies or commercials, where children pick the plant then blow on the flower, and see the seeds fly off everywhere. Also, it produces a yellow flower that some use for decoration because of its consistent and neutral look.
If you pick them from the wild it is best to find a rural spot away from pesticide or pollution runoff, or grow them yourself in organic soil. The dandelion root can then be extracted and used in many types of supplements and teas.
How it works
Dandelion root extract contains certain chemicals that increase urine production and decrease swelling. For this reason, it is considered a natural and safe diuretic. Additionally, it contains rich sources of vitamins and minerals.
The following are some of the documented health benefits of dandelion root extract:
- Digestive Aid: This is what most people identify dandelion with, since it acts as a mild and safe laxative that promotes proper digestion, stimulates appetite, and helps balance flora in the stomach. Therefore, those who have trouble digesting meats and other foods will be happy to know that dandelion is capable of releasing stomach acid and bile to aid digestion of fats.
- Kidney: Our kidneys help the body clear out salt, excess water, and other waste by increasing urine production. Dandelion root is quite an effective diuretic, so it will assist the kidneys in their cleansing functions. In fact, it is so potent, that the French call it “pissenlit,” which literally means 'to wet the bed.'
- Liver: Dandelion will help the liver to function better by aiding the removal of toxins and helping hydrate the body.
- Antioxidants: Dandelion is full of minerals and vitamins. Specifically, it is rich in potassium, vitamin C, and A. In studies, it has shown to boosts the immune system, especially when undergoing stress.
Other health benefits
Studies have shown that dandelion helps slow cancer's growth, and prevents additional spreading. This is possible thanks to its abundant antioxidants and phytonutrients.
Use for bodybuilders
As we all know, bodybuilders who use anabolic steroids will notice increased water retention on their cycles, mainly when using aromatizing compounds like testosterone and sustanon. This is where dandelion root extract will prove to be useful, as it will help naturally flush out additional water retention, and prevent a bloated and watery look to the muscles.
Furthermore, if you are retaining too much water your blood pressure will go sky high, making you feel fatigued, and this will generate a domino effect of health issues. As a result, all those side effects can hurt your sleep; in addition, your performance in the gym and in the bedroom will be poor. Luckily, this can be alleviated by dandelion root extract due to its gentle diuretic abilities.
Finally, joint inflammation can be a problem for those who are weight training or playing other sports, and dandelion will also help reduce that and keep you healthier.
All in all, for all the above mentioned reasons it is a good idea to use dandelion root extract both on cycle, and during post cycle.
The only side effect to worry about is if you are allergic to ragweed and related plants. Otherwise, there is no side effects with dandelion root.
Dandelion root extract can be run at 400 milligrams (mgs) per day when used by itself, and at half that dosage (200 mgs) when used as part of a supplemental stack.
Where to find
Although you can get dandelion root extract as a stand alone supplement, it is better when it's stacked with other herbs. Therefore, I suggest N2Guard, which I use myself. N2guard contains 200mg's of dandelion root extract per serving, plus dozens of additional ingredients, which makes it the most complete support supplement on the market.
Want to discuss Dandelion Root Extract on our forums? Read what 100,000 members have to say about it...
- Dandelion root for water drops
- Dandelion Root Extract for flushing extra water from cycle
- The best natural diuretic
- Diuretic supplements to make weight
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.