Cissus quadrangularis is a vine plant from Africa and Asia, where it is frequently used in traditional medicine. In fact, it is one of the most popular medicinal plants in Thailand. This plant is part of the grape family, and the cissus extract of it has been used as a supplement for hundreds of years.
It has a wide array of uses, including increasing bone mass (for this reason, one of its names is 'Bone Setter'), as well as natural pain and inflammation reduction. This is why it is popularly used by athletes.
Table of Contents
How it Works
Cissus has antioxidant, analgesic (pain reducing), and anti-inflammatory properties. One of the secrets of the effectiveness of cissus is the high amount of vitamin C it contains. As a matter of fact, cissus quadrangularis is such a strong antioxidant that it is used to treat malaria.
Since cissus quadrangularis has been around for hundreds of years in eastern medicine, it was known that this plant has tremendous medical benefits. As a result, cissus became very popular among athletes because of its anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties.
Other health benefits include:
- Healing broken bones: Studies on dogs and rats showed that broken bones heal up to 50% faster when cissus quadrangularis is used. Moreover, it also reduces the chance of breaking a bone by up to 40%.
- Weight loss: Research has shown appetite reduction and fat burning occurred when using cissus. Furthermore, a comparative study on humans showed that the group, which was taking cissus, lost more weight and had a drop in blood sugar/cholesterol. Based on this, cissus can help fight type 2 diabetes.
- Additional conditions where cissus quadrangularis can be beneficial include scurvy, cancer, stomach ulcers, menstrual discomfort and asthma.
Moreover, cissus works well when used alongside western medication. For instance, if someone has asthma and uses an inhaler, they can stack cissus with it because it reduces inflammation in the nasal passages.
Cissus is a popular supplement that bodybuilders use to help them prevent nagging inflammatory injuries, reduce pain, and burn fat.
Unfortunately, there is an epidemic in the bodybuilding world of using harsh drugs like deca durabolin to shut off inflammation without fixing the root cause of the problem. Doing this long term will not heal the injury. On top of that, in regards to pain reduction, it is a mistake to keep pounding away at an injury that hurts because ignoring what the body is telling you will make a small injury turn chronic (permanent).
Interestingly, cissus quadrangularis effects can be enhanced even further when it is combined with such supplements as chondroitin and glucosamine. This combination will considerably strengthen your bones, reduce pain and inflammation, and help cartilage repair naturally, allowing you to stay healthier on the long run.
Bodybuilders will also appreciate the fat burning qualities of cissus, which will enhance the effects of other fat burning favorites, such as cardarine gw, clenbuterol, n2slin, or albuterol. Moreover, cissus will help the bodybuilder recover and sleep better.
Cissus quadrangularis has been shown to be safe when taken in 6-8 week cycles on and off. Like all supplements, if overdosed, such minor issues as upset stomach and dry mouth are possible, but these issues are non existent if this supplement is used properly.
Dosages will vary between 300-2000 milligrams (mgs) per day, depending on age of the person and what they are using it for. In order to get the best results, it is important to stack cissus with other compounds, such as chondroitin and glucosamine. When this stack is taken, the average dosage should be around 1000 mgs per day split dose.
Where to Find
Cissus is sold over the counter in vitamin shops and health food stores, and it is popularly prescribed by eastern medicinal doctors. As stated above, it works best for athletes when taken as part of a complete supplemental stack; therefore, instead of spending a fortune on buying a bunch of vitamins and compounds individually, it would make more sense to buy one single supplement that contains more than a dozen joint-healing ingredients. N2Joint RX contains 1000 mgs per serving of cissus, and all other ingredients are designed for the athlete's joint-health. This amazing supplement can be found at N2BM.com.
- Asthi Shrinkhala
- Bone Setter
- Veldt grape
Want to read about Cissus Quadrangularis extract on our forums? check out these threads:
- Efficacy and Safety of Cissus quadrangularis L. in Clinical Use: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
- A review and evaluation of the efficacy and safety of Cissus quadrangularis extracts
- Clinical evaluation of Cissus quadrangularis as osteogenic agent in maxillofacial fracture: A pilot study
- Ketosteroid Standardized Cissus quadrangularis L. Extract and its Anabolic Activity: Time to Look Beyond Ketosteroid?
- The use of a Cissus quadrangularis formulation in the management of weight loss and metabolic syndrome
- Cissus quadrangularis extract enhances biomineralization through up-regulation of MAPK-dependent alkaline phosphatase activity in osteoblasts
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.