Once again I slept very hard. Woke up about 2-3X to pee and hydrate. I slept so hard that I woke up with a knot in my neck from sleeping in a weird position.
Woke up this morning at around 6 and couldn't sleep anymore. It is like my body does not need more rest and I am wide awake. I had a bowel movement which was small but lasted longer than usual.
I am going to spend the morning hydrating and then will visit friends later to kill time. A trick with fasting is keeping busy so you do not think about eating. Sitting in front of the tv is not a good idea as this will encourage your brain to want to snack.
- 7 am Took minerals, salt and hydrated. Still feel dehydrated which is normal. Ketones in my urine are between 15-40.
- 9 am Took a shower, the smell from my armpits is there, and I am sure my breath and body probably smell from all the toxins being excreted. I tongue scraped and gagged, it was a white/yellowish film. If you fast you must buy a tongue scraper!
- 11 am Felt like I had to have another bowel movement but very little came out.
- 12pm I had a good workout, did squats and lunges. Then went swimming.
- 1 pm Wow, no hunger at all and I feel great. This is the best I have felt since day 1!! I am definitely going to extend my fast longer because this is now a breeze. I will check ketones on next update to see if I am deeper in ketosis.
- 3 pm Ketones are at 10-15.
- 4 pm What is amazing is when I kept my mind occupied earlier today no hunger issues, now that I am watching tv I want to eat again. It really sucks, the weekends are very hard because you spend a lot of time lounging around.
- 5 pm As we get into the evening, today was probably the easiest day for me in terms of overall hunger and thinking.
- 6 pm I am writing this with zero fog brain and I seem to be able to think very clearly and be so de-stressed. Nothing bothers me right now, I'm usually a pretty irritable person.
- 7:30 pm Final urine ketones are at 15. The mornings I seem to get higher readings, this is normal as this number can be inflated when you are dehydrated. Obviously, I am flushing out my ketones a lot from drinking so much. I am peeing frequently, literally at least once every 20-30 minutes.
Since things are easier today than they were since day 1 it is a no brainer to keep my fast going. I now plan on going 7 days or maybe longer depending on how I feel.
I wanted to end day 5 log by talking about some more benefits to fasting. It increases human growth hormone (HGH) in both sexes and luteinizing hormone (LH) in men. An increase in human growth hormone causes anti-aging, better skin, better mood, and less body fat. LH in men stimulates our Leydig cells to produce more testosterone. So you could say for those who use anabolic steroids, doing these prolong fasts could be a really smart idea to get your HPTA strong again from all the damage we do cycling steroids.
The other great thing that fasting does is it reduces inflammation. Inflammation affects your sinuses (breathing), your stomach, nagging injuries, and even organs.
Keep an eye on my next logs for more about benefits of fasting.
*Read on - PART 6 of my fast...
Past parts of my fast:
Get more information about News, Doping, SARMS, Steroids, HGH and PDS...
Subscribe to our Underground Evo mailing list and get interesting news and updates directly to your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.